Finding a Rhyme and a Reason

Embark on a journey of teaching and learning with Ms. Hayes' class at Georgetown K-8, Savannah, Georgia

Women’s History Month: The perfect time to ask: “Is there a woman who currently inspires you?”

March19

In celebration of Women’s History Month, the Public Broadcasting System, Makers, and other corporate sponsors are presenting documentaries about the impact of women in shaping the history and the future of America. I encourage you to peruse the site to learn more about the women you admire as well as those you do not know. Review the blog post to read “Complete the History Books: Women in STEM”, “50 Years of Women in Space”, “African American Women’s First”, and more. After reviewing these remarkable videos and texts, join in a conversation about women, and the women who inspire you.

http://makers.org

29 Comments to

“Women’s History Month: The perfect time to ask: “Is there a woman who currently inspires you?””

1. March 20th, 2014 at 2:15 PM      Reply jermyia Says:

My mom because she takes cares of me and she loves me. The second who is my inspriration is Gabby Douglass because she followed her dreams to become the youngest gymnastic person in the world.

2. March 20th, 2014 at 2:15 PM      Reply India Says:

My great grand mother, “Granny”, inspires me so much to grow up and become anything I want to be. My family wouldn’t be here without her. There are still six generations here, and that’s all because of her. I love you Granny.

3. March 20th, 2014 at 2:19 PM      Reply anyia Says:

Michelle Obama’s the lady that inspires me, and I say that because she cares about our education, our opinions, and about our safety. That makes me feel special and safe because I know I have somebody watching me or care about me.

4. March 20th, 2014 at 2:21 PM      Reply Taylor Says:

The women I inspire is Michelle Obama because she is an intelligent and beautiful black woman. The things that I like about Michelle Obama is the way she carries herself. Also, she likes to help young ladies and teens. Last, but not least, she is the first black woman to marry the first black president.

5. March 20th, 2014 at 2:23 PM      Reply Alexis C Says:

Harriet Tubman inspires me. Harriet Tubman was the woman who ran the underground railroad. Even thought the other African-Americans gave up she didn’t. Harriet didn’t want to give her life away to a white man. She created a secret route to get the black people to the north. It takes a person with a lot of determination to do something like that and that’s why she inspires me.

6. March 20th, 2014 at 2:25 PM      Reply Taniyha Says:

Lupita nyong’o inspires me to show the inner my beauty, to love my self as who I am.
    That speech she made about “ I pray for lighter skin” that made me think to myself I need to be happy about what color I am. I’m so grateful about myself because of her.

7. March 20th, 2014 at 2:25 PM      Reply teiarra Says:

The woman that inspires me is Kerry Washington. She is a beautiful, intelligent, creative, and the most wonderful actress that has ever lived.

8. March 20th, 2014 at 2:28 PM      Reply Maudistine Says:

The woman who inspires me is my sister because she be tells me how to be a young lady and not do the wrong thing. She teaches me to not follow the wrong crowd and do what they do. She tells to do my What I want to do and be what I want to become in life and follow my dreams.
    THAT IS THE WONMAN WHO INSPIRES ME IN LIFE…

9. March 20th, 2014 at 2:30 PM      Reply Reniya Says:

The woman that inspires me is Diana Ross. She is a talented beautiful woman. She is a good role model to young girls who want to learn to sing. Her performance is the African American adaptation of the “Wizard of Oz”, “Oz” is inspirational.

10. March 20th, 2014 at 2:30 PM      Reply Ashley Says:

The person who inspire me is Whitney Houston. The reason is because she was a great singer and very beautiful. Also, Whitney was good example on the world. She was in many movies. It is very sad that my inspiration died. She was very talented and helpful. This is why she is my inspiration.

11. March 20th, 2014 at 2:32 PM      Reply tiamya scott Says:

i realy dont care

12. March 20th, 2014 at 2:33 PM      Reply Korie Says:

The woman that inspires me is Serena Williams. She is very beautiful, strong, and independent; she knows what she wants. She followed a dream to play tennis; she has won many, many , many competitions, and she is now famous for her actions.

13. March 20th, 2014 at 2:39 PM      Reply Sernesha Says:

THIS IS A LADY THAT I ADMIRE..!!

Christina Aguilera inspires me because she is a beautiful singer! Her voice is so spiritual. She is a good actress! Her song ‘’HURT’’ makes me cry. Excerpt of the song: “HAVE YOU EVER LOVED SOMEONE THAT INTENDS TO MAKE YOU CRY!!!!! THEN YOU LOST THEM.” I witnessed that; it’s pain.

THIS IS WHO I ADMIRE AS A WOMAN.

‘’YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL IN EVER SINGLE WAY WORDS CANT BRING YOU DOWN.! SO DON’T YOU BRING ME DOWN TODAYY!!!
    KEEP YA HEAD UP.

14. March 20th, 2014 at 3:38 PM      Reply Tamya Says:

Well first and foremost, my mom will always inspire me; however, my social studies teacher inspires me also. She takes the time to tell me that education is all I need to focus on to get achieve my future goals. Also, she tells me to put forth effort in my work and keep my head up.

15. March 20th, 2014 at 3:40 PM      Reply Natasha Ellis Says:

The person that inspires me is Ms.Tangee Allen (Raising Expectations). She believes that I could actually go beyond the point of success , and that I could change what’s happening to what could be happening and I feel like I have the goal and knowledge to stick to that memo.

16. March 20th, 2014 at 3:41 PM      Reply Daisha Says:

Dr. F. Pearl McBroom inspires me. She is the first female, African American cardiologist. She is an intelligent and very phenomenal woman. She attended college at the University of Chicago in 1946, and received her medical degree at New York’s prestigious Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.

17. March 20th, 2014 at 3:42 PM      Reply starnesha Says:

Michelle Obama inspires me because she is very pretty, intelligent, successful African American woman. She has a wonderful husband, President Barack Obama, and she is the first African American first lady in office. She helps black women understand what’s wrong is wrong, and what’s right is right. She does what she can to help her fellow Americans, and she also makes a lot of money, as well as her husband.

18. March 20th, 2014 at 3:47 PM      Reply Imira Says:

The woman that inspires me is Yasime von DerMick. She is one of my mother’s closest friends. She is from London, England. She is an artist and has an exhibit in East London. She is the one that inspires me to draw.

19. March 20th, 2014 at 3:50 PM      Reply Charleslyn Says:

The person who inspires me the most is Diana Ross. She inspires me because I have always wanted to sing when I was little. She is a talented and beautiful woman whom I love. She is a good role model to young girls who want to learn how to sing. That is why I admire Diana Ross. She is a phenomenal woman whom I LOVE.

20. March 20th, 2014 at 3:51 PM      Reply Aerielle Says:

The woman that inspires me is my mom. She inspires me because she shows me the differences between right from wrong. She’s smart, powerful, confident, and beautiful and helps me out with my singing. She is my everything!! She is my love and joy and I lover her with all of my heart.

21. March 20th, 2014 at 3:56 PM      Reply Letavia Says:

Oprah Winfrey inspires me the most because she is a successful, smart, independent, intelligent, strong, and beautiful woman. Oprah Winfrey is a wonderful woman.

22. March 20th, 2014 at 3:58 PM      Reply Nylah Says:

The person who inspires me is Beyonce. She inspires me by her voice. When I hear her voice I want to start singing too. She is a beautiful women who inspires me to be a pop star. When I grow up, I want to be just like Beyonce.

23. March 20th, 2014 at 4:00 PM      Reply Jameya Says:

The people that inspire me are my lady teachers, Ms. Hayes and Ms. Jackson because they’re very intelligent, patient, and also a signifcant source of knowlegde that I receive. They really make me admire them, and they inspire me to express my feelings.

24. March 20th, 2014 at 4:02 PM      Reply VILENCIA Says:

MS.JACKON INSPIRE ME AND NOT JUST ME TO ALL THE GIRLS IN THE 7TH GRADE ACADEMY BECAUSE SHE MOTIVATE US TO ACCOMPLISHED OUR DREAMS AND DONT DROP OUT,AND I LOVE MS.JACKSON FOR THAT.
    THE PHENOMENAL WOMAN

25. March 20th, 2014 at 4:04 PM      Reply VILENCIA Says:

MS.JACKON INSPIRE ME AND NOT JUST ME TO ALL THE GIRLS IN THE 7TH GRADE ACADEMY BECAUSE SHE MOTIVATE US TO ACCOMPLISHED OUR DREAMS AND DONT DROP OUT,AND I LOVE MS.JACKSON FOR THAT and you will always be my heart
    THE PHENOMENAL WOMAN

26. March 20th, 2014 at 4:08 PM      Reply Jaishae' Says:

The women who inspires me is Lupita Ny’ongo; she is a wonderful actress and a beautiful African woman.

27. March 20th, 2014 at 4:09 PM      Reply Jaishae' Says:

The woman that inspires me the most is Maya Angelou. She is the smartest and most intelligient woman I know. She is the a “phenomenal woman”.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Calendar

March 2014
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

"WeChoose2Matter"
Click on the link above to see this word cloud at WordItOut. You may also view it on this website if you enable JavaScript (see your web browser settings).

Word cloud made with WordItOut

International Day of the GIrl Summit

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+"://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");

“Day of the Girl Summit”

Visitors

var _clustrmaps = {'url' : 'http://michelleshayes.edublogs.org/', 'user' : 1047617, 'server' : '4', 'id' : 'clustrmaps-widget', 'version' : 1, 'date' : '2012-09-29', 'lang' : 'en', 'corners' : 'square' };(function (){ var s = document.createElement('script'); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src = 'http://www4.clustrmaps.com/counter/map.js'; var x = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; x.parentNode.insertBefore(s, x);})();Locations of visitors to this page

free counters

Google Scholar

Google Scholar

Google Language Translator

function googleTranslateElementInit() { new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'en', layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.SIMPLE}, 'google_translate_element'); }

Ms. Hayes, Academic Coach

Georgetown K-8

Skip to toolbar